Friday, February 18, 2011

white paint and a paint brush

I posted last month about a chair I found in the dumpster at our apartment with plans to re-do. It started out a mahogany color in really bad shape, with an ugly faux velvet burgundy seat cover, and dirty seat padding. A few of the joints were also really shaky and I honestly didn't even know if it was going to be possible to get it stable.

before.
Well, after some gorilla glue, wood filler, primer, and a few coats of VOC free glossy white paint, it's looking a ton better! I was also excited to replace that gross fabric, which I did, with fresh cotton cushioning and fabric I found at Joanne's during a snow storm a few weeks ago.
after!


I'm in love with the fabric, which has one of my favorite color combos (yellow and grey) in a print that reminds me of an old fashioned table cloth. It looks so fesh!



I'm so glad I took a chance  on this little landfill bound chair!

No comments: