Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday, take 1


originally uploaded by jess3686.
I came across a blog one day with a weekly post they called "What I Ate Wednesday". I wish I could remember the blog so I could give them proper credit...Anyways, I loved the idea, and decided to take it up. Every Wednesday, I'm going to post what I had for dinner, whether it be a new crockpot recipe, a favorite soup, or even just ramen noodles or Chinese take out.

Tonight Will is at work, so I ate by myself in front of a few dvr'ed episodes of Parenthood. I love Will and love spending time together, but I honestly really enjoy the night or so a week where I end up having dinner alone. I value alone time, and not having to compromise on tv, haha. Dinner was delicious and will be easy to heat up for lunch leftovers tomorrow when I'm at my internship.

On the menu:

pasta with (jarred) tomato sauce, and (grass fed) ground beef, which I cooked with onions and garlic. Shredded Parmesan on top.

Salad greens with walnuts, dried cranberries, blue cheese, and my favorite balsamic vinaigrette.



On a side note, my dinner is pictured my new-ish butcher block cutting board from Ikea. I love the pretty wood grain in the kitchen, and would be lying if I said I didn't buy it partially because I thought it would make a nice background for taking pictures of food =)

No comments: