Sunday, January 16, 2011

trash picking , treasure finding


Today I was so excited to find another neat chair outside next to my apartment dumpster! It's in really rough shape, and currently super ugly, but I think I'll be able to fix it up. I really like the simple lines, and the cute little circle detail along the back.



It may look rough now, but the shiny white chairs behind it remind me that some sanding and a coat of white paint go a long way. Plus the padded seat gives me an opportunity to tie in a cute fabric.

And if it ends up being too difficult to fix? I'll donate it. I took the same strategy with the smelly pair of chairs I found over the summer. First, I give it my best effort. Then, at worst it stays out of a landfill and goes to a resale shop. At best, I end up with a cute recycled chair. Hopefully I'll have it finished up by next weekend!

No comments: