Sunday, June 12, 2011

Utah bound

Friday was my last day at my job. When I started working two days after graduation I knew full well that my contract was just through the end of the school year, but I had no idea how fast it would go. It was a busy month and a half, but it was a great one! It's so easy to get wrapped up in the day to day of things, so every once in a while I would have to pinch myself and look around at a circle time filled with (often screaming) two year olds and just laugh. Toddlers are super fun, and I really hope to be back again one day. For now I'm waiting on schools to start doing fall hiring later in the summer. Definitely an exercise in patience. I hate not knowing what's coming next!

I do know what's coming next week though. Two years ago I was a youth group leader and took a group of teenagers to Colorado. I was lucky enough to be invited to go with another group this summer, this time to Utah. We'll be heading to the airport at 3, and arriving in Salt Lake City around 9:30 Utah time. I love going new places and spending time in different places, so I'm super excited. Since I figured out posting from my phone, I might even be able to share some pictures throughout the week.


It's been a while since I posted balcony garden pictures, so I wanted to get some quick pictures up. By the time I'm back in Michigan a week from now, I'm sure things will be even more grown in than they are now, so I need to hurry up and post these initial pictures.
















Our apartment complex has several huge ponds, which means lots of ducks and geese, which also means BABY ducks and geese in the spring. After a huge rainstorm a few weeks ago, this little family was right outside our building taking a little bath in a puddle SO CUTE!


It's funny how many things I've already changed in just the last few weeks. You'll have to see that when I get back, because I have packing to finish.

See ya later, Michigan!

No comments: