Wednesday, September 15, 2010

sweet potato oatmeal

I wrote the other evening about how I had cooked sweet potato in hopes of enjoying some sweet potato oatmeal. I actually made it the night before by cooking the oatmeal, mixing in some cooked and mashed sweet potato, and adding ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla. The next morning, I put a splash of milk on top, heated it up, and added a blob of plain greek yogurt and natural peanut butter. It wasn't amazing, but it was good, and most of all, filling. I made it maybe half way through the bowl before I felt totally stuffed. I would definitely try it again. I'll probably try some different variations to get it closer to amazing, including trying again with another sweet potato (the one I baked, for some reason, wasn't all that great). It was definitely a great way to work some veggies in to breakfast.

No comments: