Sunday, September 12, 2010

pumpkin turned sweet potato oatmeal

I had plans this week to make a version of pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast, after I read and was inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Kath Eats Real Food. But today at the grocery store, when I couldn't find canned pumpkin anywhere, I was told by an employee that they didn't have any. Apparently last year was a bad year for pumpkin, so this year, there is no canned pumpkin. I'm not sure if this is indeed fact, but I do know that my pumpkin oatmeal (for this week at least) is not going to happen.

I decided to buy a few sweet potatoes and try to make sweet potato oatmeal. I baked the potato, mashed it up, mixed in some spices, and actually already made the oatmeal that I'll eat in the morning (making it tonight=10 more minutes of sleep tomorrow!). I mixed it all together, and now it's in the fridge waiting to be warmed up in the morning. I'll check back in tomorrow to let you know how it turns out!

No comments: