Monday, March 12, 2012

a long post about many things

Hello, poor neglected blog. It's been a while! I can't say that I've been up to much in the "creativity" department. The apartment is looking plain, my cooking has been minimal, and crafting has been non-existent. So what have I been up to? I went on a vacation to Florida and was so excited not only for 4 days at the beach with my mom, but also to use my new camera for something other than cat pictures :-)
Henry Ford's Winter Estate.




Florida has farmers markets in February!

....And corn!
Many of these were eaten
Not enough of these were seen. I could have sat on the beach and watched the sun dip below the ocean a million times over.

It was a great trip. Short but sweet, and I am ready to go back!




Also, in an effort to move towards being a healthier person in general, I joined a gym. I'm so proud of myself for how much I've been keeping up with it! I exercise for 30-45 minutes 3-5 days per week, and I honestly have never felt better.

 Old week night routine consisted of: home by 4ish, watch tv, make dinner, go on the computer, watch more tv, pack lunch for work, and go to bed.

New week night routine: straight to the gym from work, workout 4-4:45ish, shower at the gym, come home, throw together a quick and easy dinner, watch tv/computer for a bit, pack lunch for work, and go to bed.

My energy in the evenings is just SO much better, it's incredible. When I don't exercise after work, I can hardly get off the couch. When I DO, I feel like I'm ready to go right up until I get into bed.


What exercising has given me in energy, it's definitely taken away from dinner prep. When I get home I am hungry, so dinner is whatever is quickest. Because my new health insurance will pay for a majority of weight watchers program, I actually decided to do that too. It's going well, although I'm definitely more motivated to exercise than I am to plan and track my food. But it's a work in process, and I've lost a little over 9 pounds in the past few months. I'll take it!

I do miss cooking though! I haven't baked in AGES so I'm totally in the mood to. Baking is definitely on the to-do list for the weekend.

What creativity I have fit in around work and exercising has all gone into wedding planning. Or rather, searching the internet for picture of pretty things. I've found that I am very much a details person. I could look at pictures of centerpieces and table settings all day, but I'm so over looking for a ceremony and reception location and we don't have anywhere settled yet. I'll have to do a post soon with a collection of my thoughts on the wedding so far. And a baking post. And a make the apartment not-boring post. And a work post, because I certainly have putting a lot of creative energy into that. Sounds like I have a lot of posting to do :-)

No comments: