Sunday, September 26, 2010

DIY scented reed diffuser

Yesterday I did a super deep-clean of the bathroom, scrubbing every surface I could get my hands on. When I was finished, I decided to put together a project I saw on Young House Love and I've been wanting to try for a while now, a homemade reed diffuser

I like when rooms smell like something good, but I don't like when that something good requires some sort of artificial chemicals, so I was excited to try this project. Basically all you need is some sort of vessel, wooden skewers, and a scent-producing substance of your choice. I chose to use a small ceramic vase I got from Home Goods last summer (I think it was originally intended as a bathroom cup), and the same scent-producing substance Young House Love used, Mrs. Meyer's all purpose natural cleaner in Lemon Verbena scent. They also suggested using some sort of essential oil, which I might try in the future. I liked it this way though, because I already had these supplies on hand.

 It took about a minute to put together (including breaking the skewers off to a length I liked) and plop on this shelf in the bathroom. Out little green bird statue is enjoying the scent sharing his shelf :-)

No comments: