Wednesday, March 2, 2011

what I ate wednesday


what I ate wednesday, originally uploaded by jess3686.
Tonight's dinner: shredded beef tacos.

I've made shredded chicken tacos a lot over the past few months, but when I was meal planning this week, I decided I wanted to do something a little different. So instead of chicken breast and salsa in the crockpot, this morning around six a.m. I put beef pot roast in and dumped a jar of salsa on top. I have to say that they were a little more work than chicken, only because the shredding when I got home late this afternoon was more involved. The chicken practically shreds itself.

However, they were worth the extra time because they were delicious! I even indulged in some Whole Foods guacamole, which, while expensive, was a perfect compliment to the tomato-ey beefy goodness underneath. One of my top considerations in making dinners is lunch leftover possibilities. This will make great re-heats tomorrow during a break from kids :-)

No comments: