Friday, December 24, 2010

christmas eve caramel corn

I did a lot of cooking today. A lot. I had my dad over for a late lunch/early dinner, and Will's parents over in the evening, so I spent the day making a stuffed pork roast (with apple and sausage stuffing), homemade macaroni and cheese, two batches of spinach dip (one for my family party tomorrow), ginger bread cake, homemade whipped cream, a batch of thumbprint gingerbread cookies, and finally, caramel corn. I made caramel for the first time several weeks ago and was amazed at how easy and delicious it was. So I decided it would be a nice snack to have around for holiday guests, and to take to my family party tomorrow. I followed this recipe, only changing the baking method as recommended in the comments, which was to use a disposable roaster rather than cookie sheets. This made it much, much easier since clean up is probably the most difficult part, and popcorn was lost to the bottom of my stove the first time I didn't follow this tip. Anyways, onto the pictures. I'm still amazed that you can just make hot, bubbly, caramel out of corn syrup+brown sugar+butter.









Merry christmas eve! I have lots of pictures of today's food over in my flickr, if you're interested. Enjoy your evening waiting for santa. Make him some caramel corn! :-)

No comments: