Monday, August 16, 2010

Lake Huron beachy centerpiece

I've been up north at my parents condo on Lake Huron for the past few days with my little brother. What a wonderful place to relax and have fun at the same time! The beach is literally right out the front door, so whether you want to stay in and relax on the couch or go out in the sun, you get a beautiful view either way. Yesterday we took a short drive up the AuSable river to go kayaking. After 7 miles of kayaking and several stops to swim (I even went on a rope swing 20 feet in the air that launched me into the river....scary!!) we were starving. We came back to the condo and got started on dinner. While my mom was finishing up outside on the grill, I set the table, and decided we needed something pretty for the middle.


I ran outside to the little meadow area in front of the beach, and snipped a few pretty leaf branches and some purple flowers.


With those, and a small water glass, I created this:


It still needed a little something, so I added some pieces of "lake glass" we've collected from beach walks  around the arrangement, and I was done. 

Dinner was delish!

No comments: